Friday 12 June 2015

Slated By Teri Terry Book Review

Slated (Slated, #1)
Slated by Teri Terry
Paperback
448 pages
Orchard Boo

"Kyla’s memory has been erased,
her personality wiped blank,
her memories lost for ever.
She’s been Slated.
The government claims she was a terrorist and that they are giving her a second chance - as long as shePLAYS by their rules. But echoes of the past whisper in Kyla’s mind. Someone is lying to her, and nothing is as it seems. Who can she trust in her search for the truth?" -Goodreads

----------------------------------

I had such high hopes for this book but I'm sorry Teri this book didn't win with me. I only gave this book 3.5 stars which is now borderline 3 stars. I read this because of the cover was gorgeous and it was my book challenge of the month of June. I however am going to read the next two books in the series in hopes of redeeming itself. So far, not so. :/ 

Here is why It went wrong with me: 

Our main character Kayla was beyond annoying, and just a bland character. She seemed way to gullible and I wanted her to become this mega bad ass heroin, that I feel she can be, but didn't. She got herself into too many stupid predicaments and I just wanted her to be smart and on her wit about everything. Teri should of portrayed her the way she wanted too because felt like she had a restriction to Kayla. 

I did like Ben as a character and also her mum. The whole back story of her mum was more interesting than the actual story. I feel like this story should have been about her mum as a teenage rather than this boring bland Kayla girl. 

Teri had a good way of telling a story but the way she executed it didn't go to well. She had a lot of great ideas for the story and amazing imagination it was beyond me but it felt like she didn't know how to piece all together to flow into Kayla's story. 

I  am excited to see how this series does end and but I feel this book series is not worth the read or money. 

Now if Teri if you publish a book about Sandra now I would invest into that idea. (Meaning I will buy your  books again) 

Let me talk about the politics in this book.

It was amazing, it was interesting and that is the reason why I wanted to read this series. The fact that people who commit a crime are slated to prevent them from doing acts of violence was so different and unique. The fact it was set in the year 2049 was weird but so imaginative. I loved this world.

Spoliers are below this point so please dont read any further if you have not read this book. 


 The reason why I love Sandra's backstory so much is because of how her parents were on opposite sides but they yet they still stayed together and dided together at the end. That was amaizng. I would love to see Teri go into futher depth into this story. Also I am excited to see what had happened to Sandra's son too, the one who "died" in the bus that blew up. I reckon he was slated. I betcha. 

Thank you for reading this post.

If you have read please comment below and we can discuss it together. 


No comments:

Post a Comment