Monday 15 June 2015

DAY 1: Rainbow Read-A-Thon | Charm and Strange By Stephanie Kuehn Book Review

YAY Day 1 for Rainbow Readathon down and I have completed my first book which was Charm and Strange by Stephanie Kuehn. This book was for the color blue and boy it was a journey.

My Rainbow Read-a-thon progress;

Colors completed; Blue

Pages Read: 216

Number of Books Read: 1/6

Read on for the non spoiler review of Charm and Strange

------------------------------------------------

Charm & StrangeCharm and Strange By Stephanie Kuehn
Ebook
216 pages
St Martins Griffin 

When you’ve been kept caged in the dark, it’s impossible to see the forest for the trees. It’s impossible to see anything, really. Not without bars . . . 

Andrew Winston Winters is at war with himself.

He’s partWIN, the lonely teenager exiled to a remote Vermont boarding school in the wake of a family tragedy.The guy who shuts all his classmates out, no matter the cost. - Goodreads

------------------------------------------------

My Goodreads rating: 4.5 Stars

This book is so tragic for only 216 pages. This book was written so beautifully and Stephanie made  me go into our mian characters head to understand how he thinks. This book has alot of trigger warnings for suicide, sexual abuse and metal abuse. This book truly opened my eyes up too this very sad subjects and I was impacted with every page. This had me turning the page for more and just wanting to understand what was happening because Stephaine gives you clues throughout the book for you to piece together and most of your insitincts that you wish aren't true, becomes true. 

Its dark, its sad and I think its worth a read. 

This is just my mini review of this book as I have some reading too do. lol. 

I am currently reading The Wrath of Dawn By Renee Ahdieh, so far so good. I plan on finishing it tonight. I will update this review more when I have complete the readaton. 

Happy Reading Everyone
Greg. x

1 comment:

  1. Hey Greg! how's it going? Great review I haven't read this book but base from your review and quick synopsis I feel like it's going to take me to dark & twisty places it's hard being a shut in and yet there are still some people like that these days which is sad :/

    Anyway I just nominated you for the real neat blog award here's the link http://kimpensieve.blogspot.com/2015/07/real-neat-blog-award.html and I got some questions there I'd like you to answer as well ^_^

    P.S
    I got a new blog that link above although my old one (http://kimyunalesca.blogspot.com/ ) still remains and running again for the time being haha Take care!

    ReplyDelete